Nineteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time - August 9, 2020Decimonoveno domingo del Tiempo Ordinario - 9 de Agosto, 2020
Welcome to St. Agnes
Dear St. Agnes Community,
As you know, we are underway with several construction projects, including the Pre-K building for the Academy & the Building with JOY project.
We would like to provide you with an update on the projects.
- Due to Covid-19, Fundraising for the Building with JOY project was put on hold for several months. However, due to the tax benefits for 2020 provided by the new CARES Act, we are again actively contacting our parishioners to take advantage of this great opportunity in which individuals can deduct up to 100% of Adjusted Gross Income and corporations up to 25% of taxable income.
- The pledged amount is currently at $16MM, which is 88% of our goal. We are grateful that all pledges are coming in on time.
- The entire site plan has been finalized.
- The Pre-K plan has also been finalized.
- The Building with JOY plans, including the church, multi-purpose building, perimeter road & plaza, are at more than 50% of completion.
APPROVALS & PERMITS
- The Village of Key Biscayne fully approved the site plan at their meeting on 4/28/20.
- The Pre-K building architectural plans have been submitted to the Village for permitting.
- Once the Building with JOY architectural plans are finalized, we will need to submit them for permitting.
- Three construction companies are in the process of formalizing their bids to be submitted by early September for review and selection of a project contractor based on the current completion level of the architectural plans.
- The project will be done in phases to minimize disruption.
- Phase 1 of construction will be the Pre-K building and start approximately Q4 2020.
- Phase 2 would be the civil work including the perimeter road, drainage, plumbing and parking.
- Phase 3 includes the construction of the multi-purpose building/gymnasium & the church.
- Phase 4 includes the demolition of the current church and building the plaza.
We will keep updating you as things evolve.
Thank you for your continued support!
Would you like others to pray for your intentions?
If so, please visit stakb.org/Petition to fill out the Prayer Request form
Your prayer requests will be placed under the exposed Blessed Sacrament at our chapel.
We ask all who visit to pray for the prayers requested by our fellow parishioners.
We are very excited to announce that the process of registering for next catechetical year 2020-2021 has started. This year we will only offer classes from 1st grade and up.
Classes will begin after Labor Day.
In times of hardships, it is important that we come together as a community to support each other. One way we can support each other is by supporting our businesses. We are making a directory of the St. Agnes community businesses to promote them on our website.
To visit the Directory page, go to stakb.org/Directory
If you would like to include your business, please complete this form.
MIDDLE SCHOOL MINISTRY - FRIENDS CLUB
Middle School Ministry meets twice a month: Second and fourth Thursday of the month.
For more information: http://stakb.org/YMMS
HIGH SCHOOL MINISTRY
High School Ministry meets most Wednesdays for fun, laughter, talks, games, and small groups. And of course food! We meet from 7:30 - 9:00 PM.
For more information: http://stakb.org/YMHS
Both meetings are usually in Albertson Hall. The meetings will be held either through ZOOM or in person depending on the circumstances with the virus and Archdiocese's instruction in this regard.
The meetings will start in September. Annual enrollment is required.
We will have a Spanish Mass for the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Saturday, August 15th at 12:00 PM
This is a day of great tradition among Catholics. This year is not a day of obligation.
Tendremos una misa en español para la Asunción de la Virgen María el sábado 15 de agosto a las 12:00 PM
Este es un día de gran tradición entre los católicos. Este año no es día de precepto.