On December 8th, His Holiness, Pope Francis proclaimed the beginning of “The Year of St. Joseph,” the carpenter of Nazareth in the Catholic Church.
In a new Apostolic Letter entitled Patris Corde (“With a Father’s Heart”), Pope Francis describes Saint Joseph as a beloved father, a tender and loving father, an obedient father, an accepting father; a father who is creatively courageous, a working father, a father in the shadows.
“The carpenter of Nazareth,” explains the Pope, was able to turn a problem into a possibility by trusting in divine providence.”
How fitting is it that in 2021 as Catholics around the world honor a “builder”, St. Agnes begins construction on our new church, gym/multi-purpose, loop road and Pre-K building. Your generous support of “Building with JOY” is the reason we are able to share with you the following good news:
- After a very successful matching gift program in the month of December where our goal of $500,000 was met, we are now starting 2021 with $17 million in total pledges.
- On December 29th, Archbishop Thomas Wenski gave permission to finalize contracts and commence construction.
- After analyzing the 3 construction bids presented, the project committee selected Vilar-Hoynak as the contractor. Their team of executives, pre-construction staff and project managers have over 30 years of experience and meet the requirements of the Archdiocese.
- The 1st phase of the project is the construction of the Pre-K Building, which is already funded and therefore not part of the Building with JOY capital campaign, as well as the construction of the west parking lot. Both will commence in the 1% quarter of 2021 with a proposed 10-month schedule to completion.
- The new church, gym/multi-purpose building, and east loop road are currently estimated to begin construction in the summer of 2021 with a proposed 17-month schedule to completion.
We are thankful to have parishioners like you whose generosity, love and enthusiasm are helping build the future of St. Agnes!