The Mackle brothers donated the current church property of 328,006 sq.ft. to the parish and named it St. Agnes after their mother's patron saint.
The current church building was built as a parish hall.
The school opened for 7th & 8th grade.
The current middle school building was built.
The school expanded to include PK3-8th.
The current elementary school building was built.
The pastoral center was built.
Beautification Committee was established
THE INITIAL SOLUTION & obstacles
Created a building committee.
Remodel Church: Cost $5MM:
- Would solve the choir staircase, ADA bathroom, plumbing, electrical & add a few pews.
- Didn’t solve many of the needs.
Went to Village of KB with plans to remodel.
Allow remodeling if we bring the entire church up to code (50% rule):
- Install sprinkler system.
- Hurricane impact windows.
- Elevate to 15ft.
- Not worth putting in so much money into such an old building.
- Cannot bring it up to code by remodeling.